The Best Of What’s Going On In MENA

Sandrine Gaspard, A Frenchwoman In MENA

Sandrine Gaspard is a very interesting young woman. She likes to quote Coco Chanel: “It’s probably not just by chance that I’m alone. It would be very hard for a man to live with me, unless he’s terribly strong. And if he’s stronger than I, I’m the one who can’t live with him. … I’m neither smart nor stupid, but I don’t think I’m a run-of-the-mill person. I've been in business without being a businesswoman, I've loved without being a woman made only for love. The two men I've loved, I think, will remember me, on earth or in heaven, because men always remember a woman who caused them concern and uneasiness. I've done my best, in regard to people and to life, without precepts, but with a taste for justice.” The quote is not random. Gaspard, the descendant of a long line of French aristocrats, could have easily settled down for a tranquil life. Rather, she has putting all her energy in creating a path of her own: G Fashion. G Fashion ® is a luxury goods and fashion consultancy that helps young brands maximize their media exposure, increase their brand awareness and devise creative and cost effective strategies to promote themselves and increase sales. G Fashion has worked with over 50 luxury goods and fashion designers, helping them compete globally in what is a challenging but fascinating industry. These days, Gaspard is often in the UAE, helping MENA brands achieve the level of branding excellence of top French brands. Says Gaspard: "I see MENA as a huge potential market of luxury goods' services such as G Fashion. The demographics are just staggering. But MENA brands often still communicate as they did 30 years ago. The whole game has changed. Today, even top global luxury brands leverage social media. Actually, foregoing social media today is foregoing the most potent marketing channel available". Gaspard, a tall and beautiful young woman, adds: "I have always had a thing for fashion but wondered how to tackle that passion". I have found that leveraging my past experience to help young brands achieve the level of professionalism as major brands was a fascinating and necessary challenge".